You’ve worked hard to be a homeowner. Protect your belongings, yourself, your guests and your hard earned investment from unexpected misfortunes.Here are some coverage descriptions that can help you consider your options.

Dwelling Coverage – Coverage A

This home insurance coverage protects your home and any structures attached directly to it. Ideally, the amount of homeowner’s insurance coverage you carry should equal the cost of rebuilding your home after a total loss.

Other Structures – Coverage B

This homeowner’s insurance coverage covers other structures set apart from the dwelling on the residence premises, such as a detached garage. This coverage applies up to the limits provided in your policy and can be increased if necessary. Most policies automatically provide a limit equal to 10% of your dwelling coverage amount.

Personal Property – Coverage C

This home insurance coverage protects your personal belongings, such as furniture, clothing and appliances. Most policies provide a limit of liability equal to 50% to 70% of the dwelling coverage amount. Certain possessions may be excluded or have only limited coverage. You can also purchase additional coverage to provide enhanced protection for valuable items and other special possessions.

Loss of Use – Coverage D

This homeowner’s insurance coverage is available when you cannot live in your home due to a covered loss. It pays reasonable and customary living expenses up to the limit provided in your home insurance policy.

Liability – Coverage E

This homeowner’s insurance coverage protects you in two ways. First, it provides for your legal defense against a liability claim (lawsuit). Second, it will pay any court judgments against you for covered losses, up to the policy limit.

Medical Payments – Coverage F

This homeowner’s insurance coverage pays emergency medical bills for anyone injured on your property or any injury caused by a member of your family or a pet regardless of where it happens. All bills are paid, up to your home insurance policy limit, whether or not you’re legally responsible.

Fire Dwelling

This insurance covers the dwelling only. It does not cover theft, liability, or replacement costs. This policy protects the dwelling against fire, lightning damage and accidental damage from smoke. Content coverage can be included by endorsement only.

Homeowner’s insurance policies have many other optional features available to you depending on your individual needs.